If you are someone who is interested in marketing in a wide set of industries, then you must consider Terry Marshall Campie. For over 24 years he has been responsible for marketing management for various companies ranging from cemeteries to electric utilities to detergent companies. These include funeral and cemetery products, including direct sales programs, other retail sales, industrial, institutional, and commercial products, and services.
His success in these highly diverse business industries and markets is unusual and commendable. His success is attributed to his high motivation, innovation, and hard work with a positive, “can-do” attitude and managing various challenging projects simultaneously. Besides diverse industries, Terry Campie has experience working with economically and culturally diverse clients.
Terry Marshall Campie’s experience level is so broad and deep that it is difficult to capsulate it in this article but will start here with a cursory look at both his education and professional experience.
Education Background of Terry Marshall Campie
Terry Marshall is really inspiring. He completed his Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree in Industrial Psychology with an emphasis in Personnel from St. Ambrose College (SAC), Davenport IA, while pursuing a full-time, professional career as an Electrical Engineering Technician for Iowa Illinois Gas and Electric in Davenport, Iowa.
His interest in entrepreneurship and academic skills led him to be accept and enroll in the University of Iowa’s Master of Business Administration (MBA)program, even before graduating from SAC.
At the time, the Iowa MBA program was rank 13th in the nation for the affordability of terminal degrees in business. Three months before he complete his MBA, Terry Marshall Campie was name Chief Executive Officer of Maquoketa Municipal Electric Utility. Upon graduation from Iowa, Mr. Campie pursued his Ph.D. in business administration and achieved a certificate in Advance Business Research from TUI(Touro University International).
Professional Experience of Terry M.Campie
Here we will itemize many of the highlights of Terry Marshall Campie’s professional experience.
- The Maquoketa Municipal Electric Utility Board elected Terry Marshall Campie to be their first Chief Executive Officer (CEO), entitled as UtilityManager. Campiesupervised all divisions of the Utility, including electric Production, Electric Distribution and maintenance, Customer Service, and Energy Conservation.
- Mr. Campiesupervised all Department Heads and directly oversaw all Customer Services Personnel.
- Some of Mr. Campie’s responsibilities included: Implementing a networked computer system, preparing, and monitoring billing & expense reports, and overseeing and coordinating all day-to-day operations of the entire Electric Utility.
- Terry Campie’s responsibilities required him to prepare monthly written financial, operational, and budgetary reports for the Board of Directors and manage a multimillion budget.
- Terry Campie also served as the chief union negotiator for the Utility, successfully negotiating a long-term agreement with the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW).
- To encourage energy savings, Mr. Campie created and instituted a “Save Energy” marketing plan encouraging co-generation and peak shaving with local generation to lower electricity costs for its customers.
- In Utility Billing, Mr. Campie improved collections from a 30% delinquency to less than a 2% delinquency.
- Bringing the Utility into the computer age and implementing PC technology, Mr. Campiedesigned, and implemented the Utility’s first Local Area Network (LAN). The LAN utilized municipal electric utility-specific software for billing, meter readings, and customer service. He replaced hand/paper billing with a fully automated computer-generated billing and report writing system.
- In his 3-year tenure, Terry Marshall Campie increased Utility reserves from a zero balance to over $1 million, while updating many of the required Distribution Division’s vehicles, increasing employee wages, and reducing customer cost of electricity.
Upon leaving the electric utility business, in 1989 Mr. Campie joined Clinton Memorial Cemetery & Funeral Home, first as a Sales Counselor then later that year as Sales Manager for all cemetery and funeral products and services.
- Mr. Campie took every job seriously and responsibly, whether small or large. Shifting from the Utility business to the Cemetery business demonstratesTerry Campie’s flexibility. He was always ready to take on new challenges and to adapt and successfully apply his skills to many areas of business.
- This is illustrated by his taking on a new industry – Cemetery and agreeing to start his career, although highly educated with a nationally recognized MBA, as a door-to-door salesperson selling pre-need funerals and cemeteries.
- His expertise and hard work were quickly recognized and rewarded by his promotion to Sales Manager. As Sales Manager, he was responsible for all before-need sales and sales personnel.
- Impressively, he also wrote newspaper advertisements, developed coupon programs, and managed marketing programs.
In this above article, we have tried to mention just some of the professional journeys of Terry Marshall Campie. Although it is not possible to include everything in this small article, we’ve given a hint of the caliber of businessman Terry Campie became in his professional career. To know more, please contact him today; he is ready to offer you guidance and advice.